On March 13, the president issued a nationwide emergency declaration for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The FEMA designation for your state is available HERE.
This opens up funding through FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) program for reimbursement for emergency protective measures. You will need to take the following steps to start this process:
- Participate in a virtual applicant briefing which will provide vital information on this process.
- Applicant briefings will begin Soon and will occur as needed in your state..
- Meeting invitations will be sent out by your State Emergency Management staff in your area.
2) Submit a Request for Public Assistance (RPA) – You can complete this step prior to participating in the applicant briefing.
- If you DO NOT have an account in the FEMA Grants Portal, please send an email to TDEMRecovery.RPA@tdem.texas.gov to request an account. You will need to provide the primary contact name, name of
- jurisdiction/potential applicant, phone number and email address. You will then receive an automated email invitation from the FEMA Grants Portal and after the account creation is completed, you will be asked if you would like to submit an RPA for COVID-19 (EM-3458).
The icons below link to resources that provide more information about FEMA’s Public Assistance application process for applicants requesting reimbursement related to CODID-19.
Please submit any questions to your STATE Emergency Management PA Coordinator or the following address: TBD
FEMA PA Memo Link
FEMA PA Fact Sheet
FEMA Talking Points